Aug 6, 2020
Have you ever bonked on a race and want to know how to avoid GI problems with running?
Do you want to know what causes fatigue with running?
Would you like more energy for your runs?
UCAN have energy for running and you don't have to bonk during your next event.
In this episode, I had the pleasure of talking with Matt Bach, Director of Endurance Athletics at UCAN and he shared his own personal experience as Ironman champion and the origin story of the brand and products you know so well!
In this episode, Matt shares with you:
- What gives us energy for running?
- What causes fatigue when running or hitting the wall?
- What does running do to your stomach?
- How do we avoid GI problems while running?
- What is UCAN and where did superstarch come from?
- What is different about superstarch?
- The role of electrolytes in the “energy equation”
- How Matt got rid of his injuries with physical therapy and strengthening exercises.
For more information on how to properly fuel for your runs connect with Matt and UCAN:
Are you a dedicated runner trying to get out of the injury cycle or a frustrated runner looking to get faster?
Get stronger, run faster, and become a lifelong injury free runner with our 16 week 1-on-1 Healthy Runner Coaching Program. Get the support, structure, and accountability from experts in the health and running industry. Personalized easy to follow plans tailored to your unique needs and busy life.
If you’re interested in learning more, we’ve got a behind the scenes video tour of our coaching program and hear from many of our athletes who were struggling with the same sticking points that you are. Just head to:
Connect with Dr. Duane:
Listen & Subscribe: